Leenie Boog, is a 2021 First-person Survival Horror PC game made with the Unreal Engine, created and published by Russian indie developer Alexander Bazhenov.
A Secret War you've been oblivious to has been waging on in mankind's history for thousands of years, a war of light versus darkness. One night, the Thousand-Year War suddenly knocked on your window. Something is hunting after you. You have an uninvited guest as you come face-to-face with an unstoppable creature. It threatens not only your peaceful mundane life but also your very existence.
As you flee from small houses to abandoned buildings, it quickly becomes apparent you're being pursued relentlessly by this fox demon as you seek to escape this nightmare. In order to progress through the game, you will have to use your wits and listen for any noises - paying close attention to your surroundings as the stalking creature ceaselessly seeks entry into your would-be refuge. You need to stay alert and move fast, because every precious second lost can cost you your life.
The game's demo was is available for download here with the full version available for purchase from the Steam page.
This video game provides examples of:
- Apocalypse Cult: As you try to survive you become aware of the existence of a shady underground organisation only known as the "Kollektionarium" that had unwittingly summoned and unleashed a demonic force of Artaktion legend known only as the Leenie Boog, and are trying to cover up their blunder.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: When you finally find Subject 88 who not only turns out to be your father, but he's slowly transforming into another Leenie Boog creature.
- Anonymous Benefactor: As you escape your home, a mysterious friend comes to your aid over the radio in your darkest hour and gives you information on destroying an envelope that Leenie Boog seeks to grow more formidable than it already is. Obviously your benefactor knows you're being chased by a demonic force and isn't stupid enough to dare meet in person.
- The Bad Guy Wins: As far as the Secret War is concerned the demonic entities that make up Leenie Boog have already won, it's just a matter of time before the general public catch on.
- Determinator: Leenie Boog will never stop hunting you.
- Difficulty Levels: The game has several, and requires playthroughs of different modes in order to unlock all the hidden content and easter eggs.
- Don't Touch It, You Idiot!: Your Anonymous Benefactor warns you never to open the envelope you carry as it'll make your already dire situation even worse as Leenie Boog will become far more powerful.
- Downer Ending: Even though you're given a choice, Leenie Boog cannot be stopped. Choosing to go with the demon, or seeking sanctuary with Subject 88, the demonic entity will consume the protagonist, body and soul, either way.
- Enter Stage Window: One of the fox demon's favourite means of sneaking into your hiding location, you can bar the monster entry, but if too slow you're done for.
- Furry Reminder: The bipedal Leenie Boog's appearance.
- Hell Is That Noise: To survive you to need to listen for the demon trying to break into your Unsafe Haven, because once its inside with you, you are doomed.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: The twist of the ending is that Subject 88 is your father slowly transforming into a demon himself, whereas the titular monster that has been chasing you this whole time, is your older brother.
- Many Spirits Inside of One: Everyone killed and/or consumed by the Leenie Boog becomes a part of it. When possessing your older brother, the fox demon's eyes glow yellow-white, when it finally captures you, its eyes shine with a purple aura. The Easter Egg where you unlock multiple skins for the monster and Leenie Boog's party imply its been harvesting human souls for a very long time.
- Pet the Dog: As a reward for being worthy prey and thwarting it for so long, the Leenie Boog suddenly speaks directly to you in the ending, revealing its your older brother wanting to have a family reunion. It gives you a choice, but regardless of what you choose, the fox demon will still claim your life.
- Sadistic Choice: Whether you choose to go to your father (Subject 88) who is transforming into a fox demon, or accept your older brother's (Leenie Boog) proposal to join him - the outcome is the same.
- Tactical Door Use: On the train, you have to keep switching compartments and closing the door on the demon fox to deny it entry.
- Tom the Dark Lord: "Leenie Boog" is a hilarious name for something so terrifying.
- Weakened by the Light: As you threaten to destroy the envelope that holds the key for Leenie Boog to become more powerful it stops being stealthy and confronts you openly. Fortunately you can equip a powerful military torch that temporarily blinds the entity buying you time to startup the generators.