Leaden Sky is an upcoming side scrolling run n' gun shooter by Łukasz Zagawa. The main selling point of this game are the very detailed bodily damage system.
Leaden Sky is still in development, and the demo version is available in IndieDB page.
Leaden Sky contains examples of:
- Boom, Headshot!: Shooting the head of the enemy kills them instantly. Using powerful guns to their head makes a gory explosion.
- Chainsaw Good: Your shotgun has a chainsaw attachment. It's very good at mangling grabbed enemies, or downed enemies.
- Drop the Hammer: Sledgehammer is one of weapons that player can use. It can smash the head of enemy into bloody pulps.
- Exploding Barrels: The demo level has many explosive barrels and gas tanks for some reason.
- Gorn: Wounds and deaths of enemies are very detailed.
- Grenade Launcher: Assault rifle has an under-barrel grenade launcher.
- The Joys of Torturing Mooks: You are allowed to agonize enemies with varied method, like cutting their arms with knife, dismembering legs with explosives, gutting their abdomen with chainsaw, burning them alive with flamethrower... Destroying bandit's arms causes them flee, so you can shoot now defenseless enemy from back. Damaging their legs makes them unable to move, so you can easily shoot their head. Also, you can actually replenish your health by torturing grabbed enemies.
- Kill It with Fire: Flamethrower is a very good weapon to kill enemies. Once you set enemies in the fire, they will be burned to a crisp while making horrific screams.
- Kneecapping: Shooting legs of the enemy will slow them down.
- Knife Nut: Player can use knife, and this is disturbingly effective to gut enemies.
- Literal Disarming: Destroying the arm of the enemy causes them to drop their gun.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Using powerful weapons to the enemy usually causes this. Also, you are allowed to brutalize corpses to make even more dismembered limbs and gibs.
- Mercy Kill: Sometimes, defeated enemies are still alive and they scream from intense pain. You are free to end their misery with shooting their head.
- Neck Lift: Grabbing an enemy will result in this. Unlike most depictions, however, doing this for too long will result in death
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: You can endlessly punch, stab, or shoot your enemy while grabbing them.
- One-Hit Polykill: Bullets from rifles can penterate the body of enemies, and Sniper rifle is especially good at this.
- Ruritania: The game takes place in Eastern Europe.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: So much.