You can download the game here.
Tropes found in the game:
- The Alcoholic:
- The drunken moose in the Pink Flamingo.
- Jack Forester as well, who shamelessly drinks bourbon on the job (or whenever his last drink wears off).
- Alien Abduction: See Gainax Ending below.
- Bar Brawl: Averted, which is surprising considering how cliché the game's setting is. Jack does get into a confrontation with Semeri in the back of the bar though.
- Diabolus ex Machina: Jack is kidnapped by aliens right when he finds a promising lead on Amanda. Word of God admitted that this was done deliberately to break the game's cliché plot and to shift to an entirely different genre.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Prior to the game, Jack Forester constantly got drunk after the death of his partner.
- Film Noir
- Gainax Ending: Jack finally finds Amanda's cabin, only to be abducted by what appear to be aliens. The game ends with him losing consciousness as he rises into the air.
- Genre Shift: Starts as a bleak Film Noir. Ends as a strange sci-fi involving extraterrestrials.
- Left Hanging: The game ends with Jack apparently being abducted by aliens, and we have no idea if Amanda and her boyfriend Trevor were abducted as well or still on the run. Justified, however, as Affinity Play admitted that the ending had to be rushed to meet the Adventure Jam deadline, and because he was busy working on his other game, Max Greene.
- Left the Background Music On: The music that plays in Semeri's van, which was so loud that Jack was unable to talk to the man.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: The entire game is nothing but a classic, cliché tale about a private eye trying to find a missing woman. Then aliens kidnap him, with not even the slightest hint of their presence anywhere in the game's setting. Then it all ends.
- Precision F-Strike: Semeri, who tells Jack to "fuck off" after he keeps disturbing him while he's working on his van.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The second Jack arrives at the cabin and sees the furniture floating, he grabs his gun and sprints outside.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Neither Jack nor the players ever find out what happened to Amanda. At best, one can assume that she was probably abducted by the aliens too.
- World of Funny Animals: All of the characters appear to be clothed moose.