Enter Heinrich Hoffman and Gretchen, an unlikely pair of a Witch and her chosen Knight, who are out to kill the witches for good this time.
Knights Contract was an early 2011 game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 by Game Republic, set in dark fantasy medieval Europe. It had a good soundtrack, an interesting art style, and a poor choice of excessive use of Quick Time Events. Few people took note of it.
The video game features the following tropes:
- Action Commands: Heinrich can Tag Team with Gretchen's spells to finish off enemies in Gore-tastic style, and it's mandatory to do this during boss fights. Used to the point of Press X to Not Die for some sequences.
- Ass Kicks You: Among the attacks in Witch's Embrace is one where a giant Gretchen forcefully sits down... on top of the enemies.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Gretchen's finishers consist of her growing to giant size and killing every enemy on screen. Hilariously, these include sitting on them and crushing them with her cleavage.
- Big Guy: Heinrich
- Bare Your Midriff: Gretchen
- Bridal Carry: Heinrich can do this with Gretchen in-game. It causes both of them to recover health.
- Came Back Wrong: The six resurrected witches. Straeggle is the first one to show that coming back to life after you've been killed by horrible disfiguration is indeed not pretty.
- Cosmic Keystone: The Anima Del Monde
- Escort Mission: The entire game. Heinrich is immortal, but Gretchen is not.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Gretchen is naked in her finishers. Played for pure fanservice.
- Giant Woman: Witch's Embrace is one of Gretchen's special moves, which has her turn into a nude giantess who proceeds to dispatch mooks in a cutscene. Some of these are more traditional attacks (such as positioning the enemies on her palm and crushing them by clenching her hand into a fist), but a handful of them have Gretchen use more sensual parts of her body to take down enemies before looking seductively at the camera.
- A God Am I: Faust and Verderinde are basically drunk on this, once they get their hands on the Anima del Monde.
- Hot Witch: Gretchen. And Verderinde.
- Karmic Death: Faust is killed by infecting him with the same black plague that he intentionally spread, by a witch whose murder he orchestrated.
- Marshmallow Hell: Witch's Embrace has one outcome where a giant Gretchen lies down on her belly, flattening enemies below her breasts.
- Murderous Thighs: One of Gretchen's attacks via Witch's Embrace has her position the enemies on her left leg and then slam her right leg on top of it and them, crossing her legs and crushing the mooks between her thighs.
- One-Winged Angel: Faust's Ultimate Form and Verderinde (Revenge Incarnate).
- Press X to Not Die: Played straight to aggravatingly egregious levels, since the Quick Time Events during boss fights have very unforgiving timeframes the higher the difficulty level, and the smallest mistake means you die, and have to start the fight from scratch.