Kids on Site is a video game released on the Sega CD in 1994, published and developed by Digital Pictures. In it, you play as a child who's being told how construction machines work by three workers: Bertha, Dizzy and Nuts. There's also a group of minor characters called the Coffee Break Gang.
There's four usable machines: the excavator, the bulldozer, the steamroller and the wrecking ball. The A button will move your vehicle to the left, C to the right, and B will perform a special action. Completing certain objectives with each vehicle will reward you with a merit badge. Collect all four of them, and then you can detonate a building as a reward.
This game provides examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Nuts gets crushed by a wrecking ball and flattened by a steam roller, but is no worse for the wear when the next machine is selected.
- Butt-Monkey: Nuts.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: You'd expect the left and right buttons on the d-pad to move your machine in those directions? Nope, you have to use A and C.
- Edutainment Game: Kinda. While the premise is educational, and is meant to teach children about various construction machines, the game praises you for doing actions that aren't really a good idea on an actual construction site.
- Full Motion Video: The whole game.
- Kid Hero: You're apparently a child, since everyone refers to you per "kid". Then again, "Kids" is part of the title.
- Meaningful Name: When one of the workers says his name is Nuts, his friend, Dizzy, says: "He certainly is!". Also Punny Name.
- Normally, I Would Be Dead Now: Nuts gets flattened by a steamroller, which just flattens him like a pancake instead of outright killing him. Then again, this is a kids game.
- Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue...: ...bulldozer, bulldozer, I love you.
- Those Two Guys: Dizzy and Nuts.
- Unfortunate Names: Nuts.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Want to do some really unwise stuff, like dump dirt on people or pick them up and drop them? Go ahead, it's actually encouraged. Compare this to any other Digital Pictures game, where you'd get penalized, or at the very least scolded, for such an act.