No one knows where The Leviathan came from, or what it wants. All anyone knows is that it came for the Starchild. The first child to be born on your world at the time when the star is at its lowest point upon the horizon, this child is said to one day save the world from chaos.
However, because of its destiny, this child has been kidnapped by the evil Waarg King, who plans to offer the Starchild up to The Leviathan as an offering to attain absolute power.
However, not all hope is lost. For a hero who goes by the name "Little Dude" has appeared, and it is up to him to save the Starchild, and the world.
The game was released on April 24th, 2019.
Kid Baby: Starchild contains examples of:
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: One of the enemies encountered in the game is giant bugs with sharp teeth.
- Checkpoint: These take the form of statues of winged one-eyed eggs on a pole. Little Dude respawns at one when he loses all his health.
- Cyclops: A large number of creatures in the game only have one eye.
- Law Of 100: Collect 100 purple jewels in the first level to collect one of the four gear treasures in the level.
- Lily-Pad Platform: The first level has these.
- Rule of Three: Little Dude starts the game with three hearts.
- Snakes Are Sinister: One of the enemy types in the game is giant snakes.
- Spin Attack: Little Dude has one. It's activated by holding down the attack button to charge, and then releasing to unleash it.
- Video-Game Lives: You can collect babies swaddled in blankets to get extra lives.