Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (also known as Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues) is a side-scrolling video game, a non-canonical continuation of the Jurassic Park series for the SNES and Game Boy.
- Advancing Boss of Doom: The T. rex levels where it's chasing your jeep and you have to keep it away by continuously firing at it. In the final level, you use this trope against it to lure it into a pit.
- Alternate Continuity: The game is set in an non-canonical timeline, where InGen's competitor Biosyn is invading Isla Nublar with heavily armed mercenaries. John Hammond sends Dr Alan Grant and Sergeant Michael Wolfskin to stop the invasion.
- Battle Bolas: The bola is one of the weapons available for the player character to use.
- Canon Discontinuity: It's a sequel to Jurassic Park (1993), but is ignored by The Lost World: Jurassic Park. With that said, both sequels feature a team of mercenaries being sent to capture dinosaurs, and it's up to the protagonists to stop them.
- Continuing is Painful: If you get very far during a mission but end up dying or failing, it's all the way back to Square One.
- Guide Dang It!: It's easy to get lost in some of the non-linear missions without a map or directions.
- Lethal Lava Land: When you go inside Isla Nublar's active volcano.
- Made of Explodium: When you finally defeat the T-Rex.
- Nintendo Hard: Six continues. No checkpoints. And supplies that are few and far between.
- Non-Lethal Warfare: You have three weapons that are only strong enough to incapacitate animals and are completely harmless against humans.
- Taser: An electrical stun blaster that can be charged up.
- Tranquilizer SMG: Rapid-fire gun that shoots sedative darts.
- Gas Rockets: Explodes on impact, dispensing a cloud of sleeping gas.
- Timed Mission: A significant contributor to the game's difficulty.
- Took a Level in Badass: A pretty massive one note : The instruction manual mentions that the "soldier" you are controlling as Player One is Dr Alan Grant (the second-player character is a soldier called Michael Wolfskin).
- A Winner Is You: After all the trouble you went through, the only thing you get is a flyby into the sunset before the Credits start rolling.