The title character is a professional motorbike stuntman prepared to make his big comeback and shatter all sorts of world records in the process (that is, if he doesn't shatter all of his bones first). Your job is to help Joe complete a long series of courses by racking up points with tricks off ramps and springboards. In some levels, you'll be asked to hit as many targets as you can, or collect a set of coins within the time limit, while others pit you against Joe's masked rivals, Team Nasty.
A sequel, entitled Joe Danger 2: The Movie, continues after Joe's successful comeback tour and takes him across various themed movie sets, while also giving him skis and a jet pack to use to get around. It was first published on Xbox 360 on September 12th, 2012, then Playstation 3 on October 9th, 2012, then on PC on June 23rd 2013, and finally on Vita on January 13th, 2015.
Tropes in Joe Danger:
- Advancing Wall of Doom: In the Alpine levels of Joe Danger 2, Joe has to outrun an avalanche.
- Amusing Injuries
- Follow the Money: Most optimal paths in the game are marked by trails of coins or stars.
- Jet Pack: Used on some levels in the second game.
- Level Editor
- Shark Pool
- In the first game, many of the event names are taken from elements of popular video games (Super Effective, Quad Damage, The Klobb, Power Pill, The Hidden Palace, Rush Jet, etc.) The races against Team Nasty (and much of the game itself) are shout-outs to the races in Excite Bike.
- The second game switches to movie-based theme naming: "Joe vs. Volcano", "Dr. Snow", "Timed Cop", and "Total Freefall", to name a few.
- Spikes of Doom: One of the frequent hazards.