The game is named after Zeala, the magically mischievous jinni who's your host for his fabulous festivities. As the lights flash and the music plays, collect the Magic Carpet from the Palace, find gold coins in the Cave, retrieve the Wonder Telescope from the ocean, and ride the pink camel to the Oasis to pluck the Healing Apple. Visit the Fortune Teller for a random reward, then rack up some extra points with the Zeala Multiball. Complete the game's five Bonus Stages and you'll get invited to join Anita and Bonita in the Flying Harem, where you can show off your pinball skills and score the Harem Jackpot.
Jinni Zeala is one of LittleWing's most frivolous titles, with a wacky sense of camp humor throughout. There's no attempt at historical or cultural authenticity, and the mood is more of a neon-lit college theme party than anything else. The game's difficulty is fairly easy, but total novices can also use the "Lollipop" setting to learn the game rules. Expert players are not left out, as the stackable Bonuses and Multiball modes allow lots of strategy to maximize scores.
In 2008, LittleWing released Psychedelic "O", a modified version of Jinni Zeala to promote the Japanese rock band Love Psychedelico. It was bundled as a novelty for the initial release of the album called "Aha! (All We Want)".
Jinni Zeala demonstrates the following tropes:
- Absolute Cleavage: Zeala is a male example, whose shirt is open from the collarbone all the way down to his waistline.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: The Pink Camel, prominently featured on the playfield.
- Bare Your Midriff: Bonita, who wears hot pink harem pants and a bikini top.
- Bedlah Babe: Anita and Bonita.
- Benevolent Genie: Zeala, who just wants you to have a great time.
- Camp Gay: Zeala. though he's a little subdued compared to most other examples of this trope.
- Combos: Repeatedly shoot the Anita loop or the Bonita loop for extra points and to light the Vortex.
- Easier Than Easy: "Lollipop" mode. Might be seen as Easy-Mode Mockery for some.
- Excuse Plot
- Fortune Teller: Appears at the Bazaar after lighting all three rollovers.
- Life of the Party: Zeala, hands down.
- Magic Carpet: This is the final reward from the Palace Bonus Stage.
- Ms. Fanservice: Anita and Bonita.
- Nice Hat: Zeala wears a big feathered turban.
- Our Genies Are Different: And they like to PARTY!
- Plot Coupon: Many of the Bonus Stages must be completed by collecting various items.
- Protagonist Title
- Random Drop: The Fortune Teller provides a random reward.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Psychedelic "O" used an instrumental version of "Aha!" as the main background music and replaced some of the game jingles with the band's hits.
- Spelling Bonus: O-C-E-A-N is needed to collect items for the Felucca Bonus Stage, while J-I-N-N-I starts the Zeala Bonus Stage.
- Super Smoke: Zeala uses this to appear and disappear.
- Wild Jinni Party/Wizard Mode: The Flying Harem.