To Gather them all will be Very hards
Search far and Wide across The Lands
Return With the medals in your Hands"
You are a Jigglypuff named JIGGLER who is tasked with finding the 42 shards making up seven medallions scattered across the world. To do so, you will need to traverse the various lands, braving obstacles and precision platforming in the process. Fortunately, you are given the ability to drop checkpoints whenever you please.
This game contains the following tropes:
- Anti-Frustration Features: The checkpoint system is very generous, allowing you to create save-states at the press of a button. It makes the more difficult sections of the game (e.g. The Crimson Islands pre-Princess-Dress) much more manageable.
- Apocalypse How: Universal Metaphysical Annihilation, if the ending is anything to go by.
- Artifact of Doom: The Diamond of Fate at the very end brings about a JIGGLY apocalypse by turning its finder into the Ultimate JIGGLER.
- A Winner Is You: See Gainax Ending below.
- Big Boo's Haunt: Lavender Cemetery, which contains a boneyard, some catacombs, and even some tombs for notable JIGGLERs. Its color is purple.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The seven areas each have a different color, as do the medallion shards found within.
- Death Mountain: Moon Mountain, the birthplace of the JIGGLERs. Its color is orange.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The very first NPC you come across explains that the seven medallions broke into pieces that were scattered across the lands. Your job is to find all their pieces and reassemble them.
- Double Jump: The Jump Flower allows you to jump five times in the air. However, each successive jump has less height to it than the last.
- First Town: You start out in JIGGLY Town, a modest town of JIGGLERs with no spikes for its first three areas. Its color is, fittingly, pink.
- Gainax Ending: After restoring all seven medallions, you get the Diamond of Fate which allows you to become the Ultimate JIGGLER. This consists of you shapeshifting into other JIGGLERs and expanding before...presumably destroying the universe to make a new one. The only clues to that are the text at the very end and the fact that you can no longer do anything except start a new game.
- Game-Breaking Bug: There used to be a bug where if you collected just the Phantom Blade before leaving the Trial Site, the medallion shard in the other chest would accidentally be registered as collected. As collecting the medallion shards forms the main quest, this would have rendered the game Unintentionally Unwinnable. The bug has since been fixed, however.
- Gangplank Galleon: The Sea Caverns are a haven for hardened pirates who will attempt to shoo you away when you talk to them. Its color is blue.
- Ghost City: The Golden City was a victim of some unknown calamity in the past. The only treasures of note to have survived were its medallion shards and the Jump Flower. Its color is yellow.
- Gravity Master: The Gravity Ribbon lets you invert your gravity, allowing you to reach high places out of reach of even the Jump Flower's capacity.
- Green Hill Zone: While not the first area, the Emerald Forest is still a relatively easy place where the newly-introduced Spikes of Doom can be navigated around without any power-ups. Green is its color.
- Guide Dang It!: There is no map function in the game, so you'll have to remember which doors lead where. This can lead to frustration if you end up going in circles looking for treasures or JIGGLERs to talk to.
- Intangible Man: With the Phantom Blade you can become a ghost and phase through walls, although spikes still prove a problem until you get the Princess Dress.
- Last Note Nightmare: The music goes into overdrive when you annihilate the universe at the very end.
- MacGuffin: The medallion shards scattered all around the game world, as well as 25 treasures (four of which provide power-ups).
- New Game Plus: After beating the game the first time, a "second quest" opens up that randomizes the power-ups and gives the JIGGLERs new dialogue but otherwise is identical to the first. To access it, click on the JIGGLER that appears on the L in the title screen.
- Planet Heck: Crimson Islands gives off this vibe due to the red color scheme and organ Theme Naming of some of its areas.
- Poison Mushroom: Subverted with the Poison Fruit and Cursed Necklace, which don't actually harm you despite what their descriptions claim.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Several NPCs have rhyming lines, though in some cases grammar takes a backseat.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Many JIGGLERs speak with misspellings, odd capitalization, and some violations of normal grammar (sometimes to justify their rhymes like in the page quote, other times not even). While it's normally endearingly childlike, it becomes rather worrying when you reach the Crimson Islands and its natives speak in truly mangled words/sentences.
- Save Scumming: You start out with the ability to create checkpoints, something that will come in handy for traversing dangerous areas. You can also start over from the last door you touched if you accidentally put a checkpoint at a bad spot.
- Spikes of Doom: They show up just about everywhere except the first few areas of JIGGLY Town. Even being a ghost won't save you from them unless you have the Princess Dress. Interestingly, they are the only harmful object in the whole game.
- Stylistic Suck: Despite the simplistic graphics, this game is a solid platformer. Considering the people behind it, it only makes sense.
- Under the Sea: The Sea Caverns combine this aesthetic with Gangplank Galleon above.
- Unspecified Apocalypse: Whatever happened to destroy the Golden City is left vague, with only the few survivors telling you about it in general. This could also apply to the entire world after you become the Ultimate JIGGLER, as the ending text only tells you that everything was destroyed to make way for a new universe.
- The Very Definitely Final Dungeon: The Crimson Islands is usually the very last area players will access, and it's as difficult as it looks. Only the Princess Dress found at the very end will make it any easier to navigate.
- You have become the Ultimate JIGGLER
The birth of a new Universe
The Death of All that Exists
The Beginning and