The object of the game is for you to grab all the Emerald Gems in each single-screen level without getting killed by enemies or the occasional trap. To assist with this task, you are equipped with a phase shifter beam that can take out bricks (but not enemies), and, of course, a Jet Pack.
Not to be confused with the unrelated (apart from them both containing jet packs) game Jetpac.
Tropes appearing in this game:
- Christmas Episode: Has a Christmas demo version where Santa has to deliver presents instead of collect gems.
- Excited Show Title!: The Christmas demo version is titled Jetpack Christmas Special!
- Frictionless Ice: Some platforms are coated with slippery ice.
- Jet Pack: Allows for Video Game Flight.
- Jump Physics: You can jump (and control your falling direction) when the Jet Pack is out of fuel, but jumping is slow and gains only one block in height.
- Level Editor: The game lets players create their own custom levels.
- Level Goal: Each level is exited by double doors that open once all the Emerald Gems are collected.
- One Hitpoint Wonder: All enemies and traps will kill the player in one hit.
- One-Word Title: The name of the game is the name of some of your equipment: a Jet Pack.
- Segmented Serpent: The so-called Marble Worm. It's actually not a single enemy but a bunch of Steel Balls lined up in a row, though they can't be separated.
- Shout Out: Some of the levels are inspired by popular video games, like "Jetpac" and "Kong Pack".
- Spikeballs Of Doom: There are small spikeball enemies that move diagonally and bounce off walls.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Teleport squares link to other teleport squares of the same color. Enemies always take them, but the player has the option of whether or not to.
- Title Drop: The level that spells out the game title.
- Video Game Flight: You can use the Jet Pack to fly, but you have to find fuel for it. Some levels contain no fuel at all.