Insecticide is a story-driven action-adventure game by Crackpot Entertainment and published by Gamecock Media Group for Nintendo DS and Windows. The game takes place in the crime-ridden city of Troi in a world where insects have evolved into the dominate life form and humans have degenerated into "hominids." The story follows two police officers from the Insecticide Division (a pun on homicide) as they try to solve a murder at the Nectarola soft drink company.
Contains examples of
- Attack Pattern Alpha: The Robo bugs casually announce one of their plans to be executed on their signal, randomly chosen from one of their lists. Plans include "Operation Bug Out", and so on.
- Harmless Freezing: The amberizer, which is a variant but still freezes the target in place for a few seconds. Your partner incorrectly says it should be used to freeze the legs of the spider crane in place - it's actual use is to freeze the body so that it remains still (with the legs not being enclosed in amber).
- In Medias Res: The intro shows Artie being run over by a truck, and the same truck trying to ram Chrys Liszt. It catches up to the present in Downtown Showdown.
- Land Mine Goes "Click!": Stix stepped on his own histamine. The detectives interrogate him from there, and toss him the phone so that he can call the bomb squad (which he fumbles, drops and loses his footing.)
- Left Hanging: The PC version ends in a cliffhanger after the major downtown battle with Robobugs. Part 2 was since scheduled to have come out, but was never released - only the Nintendo DS proceeds past the cliffhanger.
- Mad Libs Dialogue: When speaking with Grubbs, you need to give words in order to make a rhyming report. After giving those words, Grubbs will read his report, which you may then place in the board describing the soda bomber.
- Murder by Mistake: The murder at the Nectarola company was aimed at Quinbee. However, the beebot was dropped on Buzzbee - additionally, the histamine didn't trigger when it hit the ground.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: In this game, you're killed mid-fall.
- The main character is Detective Chrys Liszt - a pun on chrysalis.
- Insecticide is a pun, based on the insect-killing chemical and homicide.
- Your Head A-Splode: Hominids will explode if they aren't in their environment suit, splattering green slime.