Hald and his older sister are a pair of kids living on the ironically named Isle Of Hope, a place where the night never ends and dawn does not exist. Hald has made it his duty to protect his sister from the evils of this world.
Well, now it's time for the ultimate test of that.
Claos, the evil ruler of the Isle Of Hope, has come to their home, and has cast a spell on Hald's sister, encasing her in a crystal and sending her into an endless sleep so she can't use her powers. Hald tries to fight him, but is unsuccessful.
Despite that, however, Hald WILL rescue his sister from Claos' spell. So, thus begins his quest.
The game was released on May 22nd, 2020.
Inexistence Rebirth contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Claos.
- Blob Monster: One of the enemy types Hald can face.
- Crystal Prison: The end result of the spell Claos casts on Hald's elder sister.
- Cyclops: Some enemies in the game have one eye. Then there's the Cyclose.
- Damage Over Time: Taking damage from Blob Monsters can poison Hald so his health starts trickling down.
- In the Hood: Hald wears a black hood.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chest: The game has treasure chests strewn about for Hald to open up. He can get items like coins and potions from them.
- Life Meter: In the top left corner of the screen, along with a Magic Bar and Experience Bar.
- Rewarding Vandalism: There are floating blocks in the game that Hald can break to get coins.
- Save Point: Fountains serve this purpose in the game. They also recover your health.
- Side View: The game is viewed in this manner.
- Spikes of Doom: There are spikes that will hurt Hald if he touches them.
- Waddling Head: One enemy type Hald can encounter appears to be one a brown one of these with green hair.