Incubo is an Indonesian sidescrolling horror game made by Hehe Gamez, which appears to be very similar to Fran Bow and Sally Face; however, this game focuses primarily on platforming and puzzle-solving without any inventory.
The story is about a child named Adam, who is trapped in his nightmare, in which his dream will be revealed about his life and reveal who he really is. This game is said to have a deep storyline and an unexpected twist.
Incubo provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Adam's stepfather points at him and tells him that he is "not her" in the prologue.
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Happens in one level.
- Adventures in Comaland: The entire game's events is just Adam being trapped in a coma.
- Amusement Park of Doom: And it's right next to the circus. Watch out for the dogs!
- Brown Note: If you see a sign that has an eye crossed out, you have to close your own eyes to get past what's up ahead.
- Circus of Fear: One is present.
- Foreign Language Title: Incubo means "nightmare" in Italian.
- Gory Discretion Shot: If you get killed by an enemy, your death will be obscured by blood splattering on the screen.
- High-Voltage Death: Guess what will happen to you if you jump on top of the fizzling Ferris wheel sign.
- Living Motion Detector: Don't move when the ghost girl is looking at you.
- Our Vampires Are Different: You have to hold your breath in order to get past them in this game.
- Reality Ensues: Adam can't hold his breath forever.
- Tomato Surprise: Adam and the stepfather are in fact the same person.
- You Are Number 6: Early on in the game, you can examine a poster that says, "There are nine patients. Number 3, 6, and 8 already dead".