Idle Recruit is a video game created by CHARLESing for Kongregate in 2014. It's an Idle Game in which you buy recruits that produce money, so you can use hints to unlock and buy more recruits, which then make even more money.
Play it here.
This game provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: CHARLESing, the game's creator, is the second best recruit.
- Export Save: This game has a suprisingly short 20+ byte file which only holds how much EXP you've earned and not other game data. That said, it's still copied into the clipboard and pasted into the game.
- Grammar Nazi: One of the recruits is literally named "Grammar Nazi".
- LOL, 69: The "There Are 10 Types of People" achievement is unlocked by typing in 69 in binary, or 1000101.
- New Game+: Earning medals gives EXP (starting at 200), which can be used to buy boosts to increase profits with the cost of you returning to starter recruits.
- Nice Hat: Every hat bought adds to the multiplier, and you can get your avatar to wear it.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No plot at all, just collecting money.
- Not-Actually-Cosmetic Award: Each medal earned provides a small money multiplier.
- Number of the Beast:
- The Scam Artist is the only recruit with a base cost of 666$.
- The Devil Horns cost 66$ to buy.
- One-Letter Name: One of the recruits is named "E". Not the most difficult of names to guess.
- Pals with Jesus: You can buy Jesus, Buddha, and many other deities from different mythologies, as recruits.
- Shout-Out: Has its own page.