Idle Recruit is a video game created by CHARLESing for Kongregate in 2014. It's an Idle Game in which you buy recruits that produce money, so you can use hints to unlock and buy more recruits, which then make even more money.
Play it here.
This game provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: CHARLESing, the game's creator, is the second best recruit.
- Export Save: This game has a suprisingly short 20+ byte file which only holds how much EXP you've earned and not other game data. That said, it's still copied into the clipboard and pasted into the game.
- Grammar Nazi: One of the recruits is literally named "Grammar Nazi".
- New Game+: Earning medals gives EXP (starting at 200), which can be used to buy boosts to increase profits with the cost of you returning to starter recruits.
- Nice Hat: Buying hats increases money gain by a bit, and you can get your avatar to wear it.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No plot at all, just collecting money.
- Not-Actually-Cosmetic Award: Earning medals raises money gain slightly.
- One-Letter Name: One of the recruits is named "E". Not the most difficult of names to guess.
- Shout-Out: Some recruits have names that are references (sorted by cost):