Ian's Eyes is a Survival Horror game by Sindie Games.
Ian is a young boy who recently transferred to Blue Norholm Primary School in Wintreal. As such, he's essentially the new kid in a new place. For many of us, this is always a problem, but it's especially so for Ian. How so?
Well, Ian is blind.
But luckily, Ian isn't alone. With him is his trusty seeing-eye dog North, whom, in an interesting twist, is the Player Character.
Ian and North have come to Blue Norholm Primary school on the day of its Centinary, which is being celebrated with the unearthing of a time capsule which contains, among other things, a slideshow. However, something happens, as upon viewing the slideshow, most of the students and faculty are somehow turned into a horde of bloodthirsty zombies. Ian, being blind, is one of the few being unaffected by the slideshow, and lucky him, neither is North. Also, it seems that the principal is unaffected as well.
So, now North has to guide Ian through the zombie-infested school to find a way to get out safely.
Ian's Eyes was released on September 1st, 2016.
Ian's Eyes contains examples of:
- The '80s: The game is set in 1987.
- A Boy and His X: A blind boy and his seeing-eye dog. The former needs the latter to find his way around.
- Apocalyptic Log: Ian can find these in the form of cassette tapes that he can play on a tape recorder he always carries around.
- Canine Companion: North, the Player Character.
- Escort Game: As North, you guide Ian through a school full of zombies to find a way out.
- Heroic Dog: North, the Player Character.
- Milestone Celebration: In-Universe example. The school was celebrating its centinary when everyone was zombified.
- Monochromatic Eyes: All the zombies have them.
- Secret Passage: There's one in the library that can only be opened by finding the right letters and pushing them in the right order.
- Sunglasses at Night: Ian wears sunglasses because he's blind.
- Undead Child: Most of the zombies are kids, since the game is set in a school.
- Would Hurt a Child: The zombies don't discriminate when it comes to who to eat. For one thing, the zombies will eat Ian if they catch him. For another, there are corpses of children strewn throughout the school.