Hexar.io is an .io video game created in 2016. It features snake like characters trying to take over the hexagonal grid by surrounding it. The other players can kill them by touching their trails. The goal is trying to earn the most points by making your grid huge and killing others.
This game provides examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Even if you have a very large grid, people can still kill you.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: Everyone's grid and snake can be distinguished by their color.
- Endless Game: Trying to get the whole board full of your color can be considered a goal, but that doesn't end the game.
- High-Tech Hexagons: This game has a very hexagon aesthetic.
- Video Game Perversity Potential: You can make your grid look like anything you want... including a penis, or similar stuff.