If you can think- and not make thoughts your aim
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;"
Heir is a Platformer and a tribute to Shadow of the Colossus by Antony Lavelle. The setting is the kingdom of Sofie, which is being besieged by the Great Golems of Old. The aged and childless king promises that whoever slays them will become his heir, and the mysterious Pale Man of the North is up for the challenge.
Contains examples of:
- Boss Game
- Colossus Climb: A tribute to the Trope Namer.
- The Cake Is a Lie: Instead of a kingdom, the Pale Man gets a knife in his gut and is thrown out the window.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: You have to teleport to the last checkpoint you touched, and that's it.
- Destination Defenestration: See The Cake Is a Lie above.
- Marathon Level: For a Flash game, the levels are absolutely massive — especially given that they're completely continuous with no screen transitions of any sort. The author openly stated that part of the point was to see just how big a movie file he could make each individual level.
- Oxygen Meter: You start taking damage rapidly when it runs out.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The first golem.
- Soft Water: If you land in water, you take no fall damage whatsoever.
- Spikes of Doom: Including timed ones.