Heart Star is a puzzle platformer by indie game developer Jussi Simpanen (who refers to himself as Adventure Islands). The player controls two charactersnote whose task is to reach the goal. However, they are in separate worlds,note and have to use teamwork to get each other to the goal. The game was created for Ludum Dare 30, where Flash game developers make a game over the weekend.
You can play the game here.
Press Space to switch to the trope world.
- Bottomless Pits: Every single stage is floating above one.
- Cranium Ride: Certain stages require one character to carry the other across otherwise inaccessible areas.
- Death Throws: Touching spikes causes either Heart or Star (depending on who is being controlled) to do this.
- Dual-World Gameplay: The game's gimmick involves cycling through Heart and Star's worlds.
- Excuse Plot: Apparently, Heart and Star are trapped in separate worlds, and have to reunite.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Heart and Star.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Heart is pink, Star is blue.
- Spikes of Doom: One of the two deadly objects in this game.
- Sugar Bowl: The game involves two cute humans in a colorful block world.