- Kick Off!
The games in the series are similar to their namesake sports, with a major difference: They have "power shots", which are essentially superpowered hits which are more difficult to block.
This series provides examples of:
- Artistic License Sports: The games in this series don't have very many of the rules in their respective sports, other than the main objectives.
- Calling Your Attacks: Each power shot is preceded by the character using it shouting its name.
- Character Level: In Head Basketball and Head Boxing, each character levels up individually the more you win with them.
- Creator Provincialism. D&D Dream is a South Korean game studio, hence why the first character is always South Korea.
- Everyone Has a Special Move: Called 'power shots' in game.
- Improbable Sports Skills: The 'Kick' or 'Hit' button sends the ball extremely far. And that's not even counting the Power Shots!
- Microtransactions: Each game has at least one playable character for whom real money must be paid to unlock. You can also pay real money to obtain in-game 'points' to buy cosmetics (which also enhance stats) in the shop.
- Mirror Match: It is possible (and required, in the Arcade mode) for characters to play against themselves.
- Nations as People: Each character represents a different country, with different power shots which may or may not be related to that country.
- Point Build System: When a character levels up in Head Basketball or Head Boxing, they gain points to put towards one of 6 stats.
- Rank Inflation: The ranks of the "Survival" modes in the series go up to SS-rank.
- Sports Game: Self-explanatory. It is Head Sports, after all!
- Sudden Death: Both Head Soccer and Head Basketball have a Sudden Death when the timer runs out, and Head Boxing has a "Double KO", which is exactly the same.
Individual games in this series provide examples of:
- Art Shift: Head Boxing's artstyle is noticeably different from the other two games.
- Fighting Game: Head Boxing plays more like one of these than an actual boxing match.
- Hit Points: Head Boxing uses these. Head Basketball also features a system of Hit Points, with depletion only causing momentary stunning (followed by a full refill) rather than a KO.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Head Soccer has 74 playable characters and counting.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: Head Boxing features the ability to KO at 0 HP, despite the ablity to break important bones.
- Shout-Out: Many of the later characters in Head Soccer are references to characters from other works, including:
- Sports Stories: Head Basketball's Campaign mode.
- The Boxing Game: Head Boxing.
- 2½D: Head Boxing's artstyle is like this.
- Teeth Flying: This Trope can be seen sometimes when delivering power blows to opponents.
Has nothing to do with Severed Head Sports.