Haven Moon is a first-person adventure game that was released on Steam in 2016. It was created by Francois Roussel who had been inspired to make the game over 20 years earlier by Myst (as well as the works of Jules Verne).
The player character finds themselves on a series of small islands populated only by bizarre structures and mechanisms. Through exploration, you discover that you are on a moon planet called Seleos, which is in orbit of the planet Menra. Everything you see is the work of a scientist named Ektor Turren who has mysteriously vanished. Your only goal is to explore Seleos in the hopes of finding a way to leave.
This game provides examples of:
- An Aesop: The good ending makes the point that knowledge is more valuable than material goods.
- Featureless Protagonist: Like its inspiration, the game is played from a first-person perspective and no information is provided about the protagonist (apart from the fact that you are from another world).
- Last of His Kind: Turren was on Seleos when a cataclysmic event occurred on Menra and wiped out the rest of his civilization.
- Multiple Endings: You win the game by obtaining Turren's treasure. To do so, you must choose the laboratory which is filled with books. A note left by Turren indicates that his people let the knowledge contained in those books go to waste and that he hopes you will not make the same mistake. If you choose the house filled with gold, you will end up on Menra (which unfortunately for you is no longer able to support life).
- Nobody Poops: Averted. One of the buildings contains a bathroom complete with toilet, which is unusual in a sci-fi game such as this.
- Riddle for the Ages: Turren sailed away from the islands to explore the outer reaches of Seleos and was never heard from again.
- Steam Punk: The game's aesthetics place it in this genre. The buildings and machinery resemble that of the late 19th and early 20th centuries and there is an airship you can travel in.
- Teleportation: The main method of travel between the various islands (apart from the airship).