Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law is a Visual Novel-type game released on January 8, 2008, developed by High Voltage Sofware and published by Capcom. The creators collaborated with the cartoon production team and brought back the voice actors to voice the main cast, except for Stephen Colbert. The game was not released outside of North America. The game itself was based on the gameplay used in the Ace Attorney franchise.
The game takes on five cases with Harvey Birdman as the defense lawyer. Like the Ace Attorney games, Harvey must examine crime scenes, interview witnesses in court and clear their names during trials.
The game has examples of the following tropes:
- The Cameo: A Street Fighter character is hidden in each chapter of the video game. Finding the scenes where they are present unlocks bonus content in the menu:
- Guile is a member of the jury whose hair is accidentally set on fire by Harvey to disprove a lighter as fake evidence.
- Dhalsim shows up randomly in Harvey's office levitating after said location was robbed clean.
- Zangief appears as Dum Dum's muscle in jail if Harvey refuses to take a phone number from him, basically enforcing But Thou Must!.
- Artwork of Ryu from the Alpha movies is used on one of Peanut's fake IDs, identifying him as "Noboyuki Johnson."
- Chun-Li (in her classic sprites from II) shows up at the fake retirement party Falcon throws Harvey.
- Street Fighter III shows up thrice through the whole game: as a game cartridge, as an icon on Peanut's desktop, and as an arcade machine in the Birdcage which plays the intro to New Generation if examined.