GunBot is a 2D Flash Platformer/Shooter made by Berzerk Studio.
GunBot provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of several story elements.
- Badass Longcoat: GunBot himself.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The developer jokes he was fired for the bad story he wrote and hopes players had fun with the game.
- Double Jump: GunBot gains the ability to double jump at level 2.
- Excuse Plot: Played for laughs. The developer was so busy making the game that he forgot to make a story, so he's literally making things up as he goes.
- Iris Out: The game shrinks a black circle in the middle and makes the rest of the screen black once you finish a level.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Green enemies are weak, purple are moderate, blue are strong.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: The evil dinosaur who is the Big Bad somehow is the dad of Gunbot.
- Man on Fire: The villain spontaneously combusts as a superpower.
- RPG Elements: With each level you gain, you get an extra ability.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Every gun, from the shotguns to the lasers to the machine guns, appears as a modified revolver.
- You Killed My Father: Parodied.