When famed archaeologists heard of the marvel that was the tribe's society, they ran for the treasure at the heart of the ruins, hoping to get a glance at what could be the key to solving all their petty efficiency problems. Little did they know that they would become cannon fodder for a certain spirit's ultimate test...."
A flash game made by Torpedo Lab, Guardian Rock is a very fun and challenging puzzle game that functions similar to the "unstoppable block" games. Here, you take the role of an ages-old guardian rock as he strives to free the temple (and keep its secrets safe) from greedy archaeologists. It takes a delightful break from the usual Adventurer Archaeologist genre in that you get to play the object that any of them would dread. Of course, even he doesn't get it easy; there are Spikes of Doom, temporary blocks, warps, and the occasional TNT crate or two. But it'll all be worth it in the end. So, what are you waiting for?
- Guide Dang It!: This being a Puzzle Game, some levels are bound to cause this.
- Interspecies Romance: After defeating the evil archaeologists, Guardian Rock settles in with a hot spirit block named Gretta.
- Lost Technology: The protagonist.
- Mechanical Lifeform: The protagonist, as part of the brilliance of the lost civilization.
- Mooks: The Adventurer Archaeologists
- Nintendo Hard, unless you know what you're doing. This is especially true of the last level.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: The Guardian Rock crumbles into dust from hitting old spears, let alone something like TNT.
- Retraux: It could have come from the 1980s or so, but is a Newgrounds game.
- Spikes of Doom: The tribe's spear traps in the temple act as this.
- Temporary Platform: The spirit blocks.
- Virtual Paper Doll: You can get additional rock skins/mook clothes through the Mochi store, either as freebies or as part of an extra level pack. There's also an additional skin for the rock when you beat the game.
- Your Head A-Splode: Happens whenever Guardian Rock dies.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Spears.