Graze Counter is a 2017 Doujin Shoot 'em Up developed by Bikkuri Software and published by Henteko Doujin. It is set in the early twenty-third century and revolves around an attempt by teenage fighter pilots Ginyose Uzuki and Furuyama Satsuki to liberate more than two million civillians who have been trapped in Cyberspace by the "virtual network" EDEN. They are joined by fellow teenage fighter pilots Katori Hayate and Kirisame Kiriko, who become playable after defeating them as Uzuki and Satsuki, respectively. It is distinguished from other Bullet Hell games by the titular mechanic: by grazingnote the enemy's bullets, the player can charge up a Wave-Motion Gun attack that destroys enemy bullets, causing them to drop stars that can be collected to charge up a secondary Limit Break called "break mode", granting enhanced firepower for a brief period.
Graze Counter contains examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Everything about the protagonists, from Satsuki's backstory to Uzuki's gender to the characters' basic personalities seems limited to the (Japanese) manual and promotional artwork.
- Close-Contact Danger Benefit: This game, as indicated by the title, makes grazing a core mechanic by filling a bar when you're doing it, which is indicated by the bullets turning red. Once it's full, you can unleash a highly damaging counterattack that also gets rid of enemy bullets and makes enemies drop stars when they're hit.
- Sailor Fuku: Uzuki wears one.
- Space Plane: The protagonists' "Divider Type" fighters can operate just as well in space as they do in-atmosphere.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Uzuki. Apparently women's clothing is somehow required to properly handle the fighters in this game.