You're walking home from a crummy day at work when you spot something. It's the newly-opened Cozy Cove miniature golf course. You decide you might as well go in and play a few rounds. Might be a good way to unwind after the day you've had. What's the worst that could happen?
Well, for starters, the entire place seems to be deserted. No staff on duty at all. And there's this guy in a golf-ball costume covered in red stains with an ax lurking around. And this giant fish on legs. And for some reason you can't leave until you finish your game...
The game was released on November 4th, 2020, and can be downloaded from Steam.
Gone Golfing contains examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The golf course is called Cozy Cove.
- Alliterative Title: Gone Golfing.
- Extra Eyes: The fish you have to bring back to one office has 12 eyes.
- First-Person Ghost: You never really see what the Player Character looks like.
- One-Hit Point Wonder: Get caught by a monster, and you're dead.
- P.O.V. Cam: You view the game from a first-person perspective.
- Wilhelm Scream: Happens every time you drop an object into the well.
- Wishing Well: There's one in the golf course, which you can drop stuff into.