You're walking home from a crummy day at work when you spot something. It's the newly-opened Cozy Cove miniature golf course. You decide you might as well go in and play a few rounds. Might be a good way to unwind after the day you've had. What's the worst that could happen?
Well, for starters, the entire place seems to be deserted. No staff on duty at all. And there's this guy in a golf-ball costume covered in red stains with an ax lurking around. And this giant fish on legs. And for some reason you can't leave until you finish your game...
The game was released on November 4th, 2020, and can be downloaded from Steam.
Later on a an update was added, which included the free DLC episode: Gone Fishing. It expands the lore of Mr. Golfy's father (who was apparently more into fishing than golf).
Gone Golfing contains examples of:
- Action Survivor: All you have is your golf club.
- Apocalyptic Log: The playable character of Gone Fishing, can find a few notes that detail what happened to a few sorry souls.
- Alliterative Name: The golf course is called Cozy Cove.
- Alliterative Title: Gone Golfing.
- Alone with the Psycho: It's just you in a golf course with a crazed mascot and a walking mutant fish.
- Eaten Alive: A fate you can suffer if you don't give the fish a toxic leg and get caught in the water in one level.
- Extra Eyes: The fish you have to bring back to one office has 12 eyes.
- In Gone Fishing you can for some reason reel in a fish that has the same 12 eyes and the catches get more questionable from there.
- First-Person Ghost: You never really see what the Player Character looks like.
- Fishing Episode: The free DLC Episode: Gone Fishing speaks for itself.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Get caught by a monster, and you're dead.
- P.O.V. Cam: You view the game from a first-person perspective.
- Jump Scare: When the poor player character of Gone Fishin falls into the water, this is the fate that befalls them.
- Super Drowning Skills: In Gone Fishing the playable character doesn't know how to swim, thus he has to stay in the boat and out of water. Because if he falls into the water, they sink like a brick.
- Wilhelm Scream: Happens every time you drop an object into the well.
- Wishing Well: There's one in the golf course, which you can drop stuff into.