GIGADEEP is a freeware Mega Man-like game made in 2010 by Peposoft, the maker of Houkaimura and Minishooter RS Delta. It features the usual eight levels plus fortress and a handful of playable characters. Ability upgrades can be brought at a shop, though most of them have be unlocked first.
On the same year, Peposoft also released a Touhou fangame, Touhou Koukayaku - The Game (based on the Touhou Koukayaku fan music album), that plays similarly to this one.
A sequel was announced in 2019.
Tropes featured in this game:
- A Winner Is You: The villain's fortress explodes. The end.
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Used twice.
- Bonus Boss: There are two levels unlocked along the way that don't seem to be related to the main story. Curiously, one of them features Wareed from Umblade Senki as it's boss.
- Bottomless Magazines: All weapons have infinite ammunition.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Every single enemy, complete with bosses undergoing a Chain Reaction Destruction when defeated.
- Dual Boss: Two giant amoebas, and a Wolfpack Boss consisting of colored robots.
- Easier Than Easy: The Very Easy setting.
- Emergency Energy Tank: Beer.
- Expy: Pappy, of Zero. He even has an alternate mode in which he can only use his sword, like Zero's Proto Armor from his series.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Quite a few, one example being the Advancing Wall of Doom in one level not stopping when the player picks a dialogue-triggering item.
- Harder Than Hard: Multiple difficulty levels.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: There's nothing you can do to escape the slime monster's giant laser near the end of the game, but then the game shows some dialogue and suddenly drops you into the final boss fight.
- Humongous Mecha: One miniboss, and the final boss' final form.
- Joke Character: The last Secret Character is a One-Hit-Point Wonder whose second attack makes him self-destruct.
- Ninja: Mooks who scream "NINJAAAA!" as they attack you.
- Rise to the Challenge: Used in the fire level. Later, there is also a rising pool of acid.
- Rubber Band A.I.: One Advancing Wall of Doom speeds up if you run away from it fast enough.
- Secret Character: Three - a ninja, Pappy with a three-hit saber combo and some weird dude.
- Shout-Out: One difficulty level is named "Owata", after the Platform Hell game that inspired I Wanna Be the Guy. Oddly, it isn't the last difficulty level...