Ghost Bandits Attack is an Endless Game available for free on the Google Play Store. You earn points by defeating the titular Ghost Bandits, which continually spawn all over the play field. All it takes to defeat a Ghost is to tap them until they vanish into white smoke.
There are five different types of ghost, each with their own movement pattern or gimmick:
- The Yellow Ghost basically travels in a straight line towards the screen. It gets faster each time it re-spawns.
- The Red Ghost moves the same way as the Yellow Ghost but sometimes splits into two when the first one is defeated.
- The Blue Ghost bounces around on the field before landing on top of you.
- The Purple Ghost takes the longest to reach the game over line. It also has the ability to use its parasol as a shield against attacks.
- The Green Ghost hides behind the bushes, slowly coming out. When ignored or when it has one HP left, it will jump out and charge at you.
Besides the Ghosts, a timer continually counts down until it reaches zero. When you're out of time, the game ends. You can add more time by touching a clock that randomly appears on the field. Their values ranges from 5 seconds to 20 seconds.
Here's a gameplay clip showcasing the app in action.
It also has an ongoing comic strip!
This game provides examples of:
- 100% Completion: Required to unlock the "secret", according to the guy who made the game.
- Achievement System: There are 35 of them.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: The Ghost Bandits themselves, obviously.
- Barrier Warrior: The Boss Ghost when his HP is low enough
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The Ghost's smoke. White means they were defeated, Red means a Red Ghost was spawned and Black Smoke means The Boss Ghost created copies of itself. And The Ghosts themselves.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: When the Boss Ghost has a small amount of HP left, it will throw everything at you as a last ditch effort.
- Game Over: You're greeted with a Game Over screen if: a Ghost crosses the line, you run out of time, or you miss too many times.
- Gameplay Grading: You're given one when you successfully defeat The Boss Ghost.
- Green Hill Zone: A simplified version seen when you first play the game.
- Hell Is That Noise: What is that noise The Boss Ghost makes when you hit the wrong clone?
- Indie Game
- Life Meter: One appears when you hit a Ghost. It turns red when they have only 1 HP left.
- Limited Animation: The Blue Ghost appears to be the only one with the most organic animation.
- No Plot? No Problem!: The Ghost aren't given a specific reason why they're attacking.
- One-Hit Kill: If any of the Ghost crosses the line, the game ends.
- Optional Boss: Getting all the achievements unlocks a special mode where the player gets to fight the King of The Ghost Bandits: Boss Ghost
- Scoring Points: Each Ghost you defeat adds to your score.
- The Nameless: None of the Ghosts have any real names. They're just referred to their color throughout the game.
- The Smurfette Principle: Only the Purple Ghost is the only female in the group.
- Timed Mission: The counter that constantly goes down as you play.