Get Off My Lawn is a 2014 video game for personal computers and mobile phones. In it, you play as an old man who must defend his lawn from aliens. He does so by shooting them as they walk across the 3D lawn with several columns before they get to his position. For every killed alien, you earn points and orbs. The latter can be spent on upgrades to improve weaponry and abilities.
Not to be confused with the 2009 Adobe Flash game which has you defend the lawn by driving mollets over with a lawnmower.
This game provides examples of:
- Achievement Mockery: An achievement is earned for missing 8 times in a row.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: You can pay to get orbs which can be spent on upgrades.
- Bullet Time: The Cane Time power-up slows down the game for a short time period.
- Effortless Achievement: The first two achievements you're likely to get are for checking the game's credits and killing one alien.
- Flash Step: Murray moves from one square to another almost instantly. In fact, it takes no longer for him to walk through several of them.
- Flying Saucer: A UFO spawns aliens in from far away. You can't shoot it, for some reason.
- Game-Breaking Bug: It's possible to start the game and have no aliens appear at all, making it impossible to progress.
- Heavily Armored Mook: The aliens who wear vests, which makes them take several hits to kill.
- Jet Pack: The second variety of aliens has them wear a jetpack. It allows them to dodge incoming shots at least once.
- Score Multiplier: By shooting enemies, a multiplier for points goes up. It goes down when you shoot inaccurately or get hit.
- Socialisation Bonus: You can share your score after a game on Facebook or Twitter for 50 additional orbs.