FlingSmash is a Video Game for the Nintendo Wii developed by Artoon and published by Nintendo. It is most notable for being one of the first Wii games that required the use of either the Wii MotionPlus accessory or a Wii Remote controller with MotionPlus integrated.
When the tropical Suthon Island is invaded by the evil Omminus, the ball-shaped hero, Zip, is summoned to save the day. Using swinging motions, the player must fling Zip to smash through oncoming barriers and enemies in a Pinball-style side-scrolling action game. A second player can control Zip's friend, Pip, for two-player cooperative action across the game's eight levels.
FlingSmash features the following tropes:
- Badass Adorable: The heroes, Zip and Pip, who look like balls with four little limbs and a ponytail.
- Be the Ball/Bouncing Battler: The game in a nutshell. Completing the game requires the player to throw Zip so he bounces off obstacles, collect treasures, and defeat bad guys. Some enemies are only vulnerable from certain angles, so strategic bouncing is required.
- Cooldown: Zip gets tired after repeated flings and requires a cooling period to rebuild his strength.
- Red Is Violent: When Zip is at full strength, he turns red and starts to growl angrily.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Big Bad Lord Omminus.