flow, sometimes written as flOw, started as a free Flash game that was located here, or with a black background, here. There is now PlayStation 3 version of it, created by thatgamecompany, best known as the creators of Journey and Flower. In the game, you play as a creature made of white lines that eat other white lined creatures.
- All There in the Manual: Well, the game's download's xml, which reveals that the creature is named Snakefish, the first boss is called Jellyfish, the second boss is called Manta, and there's a creature called a Flockfish in Level 14. In the second round, you play as a Jellyfish.
- Beautiful Void: The only features are the creatures you eat, the creature you are, and the watery substance around you.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: A white enemy creature is unwounded or calm, a blue one is wounded, and orange one is attacking.
- Experience Meter: The creature's body functions as one. You eat things, you fill up the circles in your body, and once they're all filled you get bigger and all the circles are empty again.
- Mirror Boss: Sometimes you have to eat creatures that are the creature you are, except usually smaller. At the very last level, you face another one.
- Notice This: The creatures that send you up and down a level if you eat them radiate a pulse of blue and red if they're off the screen, so you know where they are.
- One-Word Title: The game is just called flow.
- Red Is Violent: Some attacking creatures are red.
- Rising Up The Food Chain Game: You start as a small creature that eats things to become bigger fish, help you eats the other creatures that try to eat you.