Welcome to your new job at the Tubbyland Restaurant, based on the popular show Teletubbies! Wait, what? You're saying that the place looks terrible? Well, there's an explanation for that! As you can tell, this place is broken down and our animatronics don't look too good, but it was actually pretty lively back in the day. And then, a custard machine just exploded note out of the blue. Our trusted mechanics said it was probably from chemicals, but who knows? We're in the process of reopening again
worse better than ever, and we need you to protect the place as a night guard! The fate of this restaurant's in your hands!
And while you're doing that, we're gonna check and see if the animatronics still work, so they may wake up during your week.
Five Nights At Tubbyland is a fangame trilogy made by Critolious. The series is based on the popular horror series Five Nights At Freddy's, but featuring the titular group of Teletubbies as the antagonists. The gameplay is similar to the original series - a night guard tries to fend off the multiple animatronics until 6 AM. The first game was released on the 1st of April, 2015note , the second game was released exactly a month later note , and the third and final game was released on August 12th.
Five Nights At Tubbyland provides examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Of course it is.
- Big Bad: Arguably, Po. She is the only animatronic who appears as an antagonist in all three games, caused the Custard Machine Explosion Incident, and is the most prominent character in the trilogy.
- Body Horror: Noo-Noo. No, not just him, but it's the fact that he has Employee #3 inside of him.
- Easter Egg: If you click Dipsy V2's head on your desk, you'll hear what sounds like the character punching it, and this gem: "I like paperclips."
- In the first game, Po is similar to the Puppet, as a music box seems to keep her at bay, while Noo-Noo functions almost exactly like Golden Freddy. Dipsy also functions similar to Freddy when he moves as he laughs and becomes active in the third night like Freddy.
- In the second game, Tinky Winky V2 acts very much like Freddy in the first game. He laughs as he goes through the restaurant, and when he reaches you, he cuts off the power and plays some music in the meantime.
- In the third game, Noo-Noo technically acts like the Phantoms. Once he jumpscares you, he ends up disabling your equipment. PTLD-93 acts much like Golden Freddy, but looks more like Nightmare, with the transparent black suit.
- Greater-Scope Villain: According to a mini-game and the unscrambled phone call of night 5 of the third game, PTLD-93 was the one that supposedly made Po cause the Tubby Custard Explosion and Employee #6 apparently made him too.
- Hell Is That Noise: Pretty much, most sounds in the game. Even the 6 AM chimes sound slightly unnerving.
- Jump Scare: Well, it's a FNAF fangame.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: The inside of Noo-Noo's vacuum nozzle shows this, ESPECIALLY in the third game.
- Taking Up the Mantle: At the end of the third game, Employee #3 says that he needs someone to take over Noo-Noo, so that he can leave as a part of a cycle. You can either leave him inside, or accept your fate as Noo-Noo.