Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is a video game based on the film of the same name. It was released for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo Wii in June 15th, 2007. None of the actors of the film reprised their roles. It notably has the Skrulls as minor antagonists.
The game contains examples of these tropes
- Action Prologue: The game's first level is filled with action and takes place before Sue's wedding was postponed.
- Adapted Out: Alicia Masters and Frankie Raye are nowhere to be seen.
- Adaptation Expansion: The game includes several additional characters that never made it into the film including the Skrulls, Red Ghost and Terrax.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: General Hager is much less abrasive to the Four than in the movie, and even lets them speak to the Silver Surfer after his capture.
- Co-Op Multiplayer: The game uses this for up to two players.
- Evil Sounds Raspy: The Super Skrull has a raspy voice.
- Final Boss: Doctor Doom.
- Lethal Lava Land: The first level is filled with lava.
- Mook: The Skrull soldiers.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: The game is loosely based on the film with additional content never seen in the film.
- Purple Is Powerful: The Skrulls wear purple outfits.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: The Skrulls.
- Secondary Adaptation: It is a video game based on a film which is a sequel to a film based on Marvel Comics.
- Spiritual Successor: To Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
- Starter Villain: The Skrulls are the first enemies encountered in the game.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The Skrulls.
- Warmup Boss: The Super Skrull.