Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is a video game based on the film of the same name. It was released for the Play Station 2, Play Station 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo Wii in June 15th, 2007. None of the actors of the film reprised their roles. It notably has the Skrulls as minor antagonists.
The game contains examples of these tropes
- Action Prologue: The game's first level is filled with action and takes place before Sue's wedding was postponed.
- Adapted Out: Alicia Masters and Frankie Raye are nowhere to be seen.
- Adaptation Expansion: The game includes several additional characters that never made it into the film including the Skrulls, Red Ghost and Terrax.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: General Hager is much less abrasive to the Four than in the movie, and even lets them speak to the Silver Surfer after his capture.
- Lethal Lava Land: The first level is filled with lava.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: The game is loosely based on the film with additional content never seen in the film.