Falcon Squad is a Shoot 'em Up for smartphones by Onesoft released in 2017. In it, you play as a spaceship and shoot down formations of enemies while dodging their attacks. You can upgrade your ship and equip different weapons in up to three weapon slots. There are also boss fights.
This game provides examples of:
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: You can pay for gems and coins, making ships, drones, and upgrades far easier to purchase, which tends to be necessary later on.
- Character Select Forcing: Certain bonus levels can only be played with a specific ship.
- Damage-Sponge Boss: Starting from the fourth boss, the bosses don't have super complex patterns, but they can take more than several minutes to kill with their beefy healthbars.
- Evolutionary Levels: You can evolve the ship for a higher max level, a higher rank, and an additional perk.
- Flawless Victory: Beating a level without taking damage awards a star.
- Harder Than Hard: Hell mode, which is unlocked after beating level 14 (compared to hard after level 7) and raises enemy health through the roof.
- Hitbox Dissonance: The ship's hitbox is the red dot positioned in its center.
- Rank Inflation: Particularly strong ships and drones are ranked as S and SS rank, with evolution it goes up to X6.
- Warm-Up Boss: The first boss you face doesn't take much damage to kill and has a simple attack pattern. You fight it again at the end of level 7 which is the first one with a boss, yet it only has more HP.