Due to its relatively small size, all spoilers will be unmarked!
'Escaped Chasm' is a short game created and written by Artist and Illustrator of Undertale and Deltarune fame, Temmie Chang as a prelude to a larger game she hopes to make one day. It can be download for free here.
A recluse girl with a sad deposition and artistic skills waits for her parents to return from a trip. Meanwhile, she dreams of a world, drawing glimpses she has of it. Of course... it couldn't be real....could it?
This game contains examples of the following tropes:
- Adult Fear: The mother eventually realizes the reality of the situation and that her daughter is separated, in a world that is about to end.
- Color Motif:
- Blue for the Lonely Girl and her home.
- Orange for Handsome Demon Man.
- Red for the Corruption.
- Blunt "Yes": In the developer's room, if you ask Temmie if the man had to be a handsome demon man, she doesn't even punctuate her "Yes" answer.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Not part of the actual story, but featured in a cartoon the girl tends to watch.
- Dream Sequence: A major part of the backstory is told in dream sequence.
- Fisher Kingdom: If Lonely Girl accepts the Demon's offer to escape her world, she transforms into a demon upon entering the new world.
- Hikikomori: Lonely Girl, likely. She is shown distancing herself from others in one of the dream sequences and has been mentioned to have low self-esteem.
- Multiple Endings: It's a short game, but has four ending nevertheless, where the girl takes or refuses the boy's offer, walks into the corruption despite his warnings, or interacts with the doll without taking it, which backfires.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: If the secret room movie is anything to go by, the girl does lose memories of her old anyway. However, we don't have the full context, and she is content with the new life regardless.