Escape Simulator is a first-person puzzle game developed and published by Pine Studio and released on October 19, 2021. The game has a series of levels designed by actual escape room designers and they task the player with following the instructions within the room and interacting with objects to find the way out.
The game also has a very large online community to allow players to upload and create their own rooms.
Escape Simulator features these tropes:
- Build Like an Egyptian: The Labyrinth of Egypt stages, where you and you partner wind up separated after they accidentally activate a switch, are, obviously, designed to resemble ancient Egyptian ruins, with plentiful statues of Egyptian Gods, heiroglyphs, and sandstone features.
- Hint System:
- Each room has a button that will print out a photograph showing something important.
- By default, important items are labeled, distinguishing them from pure decorations. There's an option to disable this.
- The Key Is Behind the Lock: A variation occurs within the first Omega Corporation room; a post-it note on a briefcase states that the combination to it is on a bracelet... that is currently inside the case. The solution to obtaining the code is by putting the case in the metal detector.
- Level Editor: The game has a built-in tool to allow players to create and share their own escape rooms.
- Space Zone: The Adrift in Space levels have you wake up in a disabled spaceship that is slowly plummeting into the sun.
- Wreaking Havok: There are plenty of irrelevant items that can be picked up and thrown. You can also put them in a trash can to remove them if they cause too much clutter.