Erenor: The Rise of the Sun King was a story-based Web Game set in the titular magicpunk fantasy world of Erenor. In this setting many of the standard fantasy tropes exist, but with a curiously larger level of technology; so while there are dragons, wizards, and clerics, there are also trains, airships, and lightbulbs.
While there are many storylines, the main one centers around a people called the Endran. Once the shining model of civilization, they've fallen into despair and chaos after the infiltration of a dark cult.
The official website launched in 2011, and lasted for several years, but ultimately shut down around 2015, leaving the domain parked ever since.
Erenor provides examples of:
- The Ageless: The Outer Gods of course. Demons and dragons as well.
- Artifact of Doom: Many examples of this. Most notably the Horror Key.
- Big Bad: For the Covenant it's Corinth who wants to convert the entire world to his cult. Dread-king Isaroth has less lofty goals (i.e. the extermination of the Endran). The worst would have to be the omnicidal creator of the universe, Nuruthil.
- Black Speech: Demonic.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Lovecraftian beings Cthurihl and Shub-Norgurath. Nuruthil too, to a smaller extent.
- 24-Hour Armor: Sun King Aster is an example of this. Supposedly, his armor is 10 times lighter than steel, but no accounting for comfort.
- Jerkass: Magister-General Elim and almost every member of the Covenant.
- The Legions of Hell: The demon legions (Uruzak, Deumuzak, Asmozak). Averted with the Arda, who are actually quite pleasant.
- Magic Knight: Sun Knights, clerics, magisters.
- Mr. Exposition: Archcleric Isen. A generally nice man, but he does tend to ramble.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The goal of Nuruthil, who created the universe in the first place, is to return it to 'chaos' by destroying everything in it—including himself therefore ranking in at Omniversal/Metaphysical on the Apocalypse How scale.
- Our Demons Are Different: They're treated much like Warcraft orcs are. Many certainly are bad guys, but they are a generally intelligent and industrial species.