Elephant Quest is another web game from jmtb02 featuring the blue elephant from Achievement Unlocked. This time, the elephant's hat has been stolen by Wooly the bullying mammoth, so you must navigate several areas of platforming, complete fetch quests for your elephant peers, fend off monsters, and level up your skills in preparation for your final confrontation with Wooly. Unlike Achievement Unlocked, this game has a skill-tree.
After Adobe Flash's end-of-life in January 2021, the game became unavailable to play as intended in its host site. It remains to be seen if the open-source Flash replacement project Ruffle can make it available to play.
This game provides examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": A wooly mammoth named Wooly.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: You'll meet elephants of every color on your quest. And Wooly is purple.
- Apathetic Citizens: The NPC elephants are all quite unfazed by all the aggressive critters that surround them. They'll even blithely converse with you while you're being mobbed by monsters.
- Attack Drone: The mini-phants. They fly around you, can pass through walls and shoot a continuous laser at enemies that also passes through walls.
- Collision Damage: This is how all of the enemies in the game hurt you.
- Dashingly Dapper Derby: A fittingly classy hat for an Honorable Elephant.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: If you run out of HP, you're sent back to the door you entered the room from, and you don't lose anything.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After defeating Wooly, you make friends with him and let him borrow your hat. He also lets you borrow his hat.
- Evil Is Bigger: Wooly is huge compared to your elephant.
- Experience Booster: Two perks you can level up increases the number of credits gained upon leveling up and the amount of experience you gain from completing quests.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Wooly stole your hat! And you will stop at nothing to get it back.
- Fetch Quest: The other elephants will give you lots of these. Some are necessary to get to the final boss, others are just to get extra weapons and powers.
- Flunky Boss: Wooly periodically summons a flock of Zippers to annoy you during the final boss fight. If you've done enough quests and have the Spread Shot laser, they go down FAST, and one of them drops a health pickup to boot.
- Invulnerable Civilians: The other elephants are invulnerable both to monster attacks and to your own bullets.
- Level in the Clouds: The Clouds areas, of course.
- More Dakka: The fetch quests will reward you with more guns that you tow behind you in a little wagon train. You can also earn little winged purple elephants that hover around you shooting anything in the vicinity. By the time you get to the Final Boss fight, you can barely see the screen because of all the dakka you're firing at him.
- Nice Hat: It was so nice that it triggered the whole plot.
- New Game+: You have the option to do a new game with all the skill and experience you've kept from the previous.
- Skill Scores and Perks: There are two leveling systems in the game. The first is a labyrinthine skill-tree in which you spend credits gained by leveling up to unlock nodes that grant straight HP bonuses or skill-points in four categories. These skill points all feature into the second system, where you spend those skill points to upgrade various perks, like increased jump height or greater weapon-accuracy.
- Smashing Hallway Traps of Doom: The Droppers basically act like this.
- Spikes of Doom: Vastly downplayed, they only deal 1 point of damage at a high rate as long as you are touching them.
- Spread Shot: One of the quest rewards gives you a spreader cannon. Very useful against the spawned Zippers in the final boss fight.
- The Reveal: Buffalo is actually a Bison.