Eiyuu is a Zelda Classic fan game created by TeamUDF in the year 2014.
Eiyuu (Pronounced Ay-You) follows the story of a young adventurer, Zelos Pheonix, with his mage friend, Rafell, searching for the legendary Mask of Truth. However, as Zelos soon learns, an enemy clan named the Bloodsword happens to be looking for it too. And who is Zelos?
Eiyuu features beautiful overworlds, stunning dungeons, and an amazing story. Go get it, here.
Also, if you want the trailer, here.
Eiyuu contains examples of:
- And I Must Scream: Zelos' fate in the 2nd ending (Read: Bad Ending) is being frozen in an ice cube forever...
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Invoked when you meet someone wearing a punishment hood, who regales the tale of how the gods of the temple bless those with kindness in their hearts, and then says that maybe he shouldn't have stolen bread, cheated a friend out of card game, pushed a dog into the water or charged a kid 800 Rupees for a hookshot.
- BFG: The Cane of the Goddess, found by obtaining all the mega tier secrets.
- Big Bad: Duke, Initially, but then it's revealed that you happen to be serving the bigger bad, therefore making you the true big bad. That is, until you perform a HeelFace Turn.
- Bonus Level of Hell: Solaris, and Teh Final^4 Level.
- Bookends: You end up in a new land and meet an old man, in both beginning and end.
- Boss Battle: Not a lot, actually. There are more dungeons than these.
- Bragging Rights Reward: The Cane of the Goddess, if you consider it to be that. You've went through both bonus dungeons, half of the final dungeon, and pretty much the entire game to get it, so to some, there might not be much left to use it on.. Potentially Subverted, though, seeing how hard the rest of the last dungeon and the Bonus Boss are.
- Creepy Crows: The crows of Winterfall, who are suspected by some people to stem from a parallel world.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The antagonist fighter faction is called Blood Sword.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Zelos' eyes briefly turn red when he does an evil action.