The game has been somewhat made famous on Youtube since it is similar to Slender, except the chaser is female.
This game shows examples of:
- Abandoned Area: The woods in the dream. For a good reason.
- All Just a Dream: Subverted.
- And I Must Scream: The fate of the Tormented Girl. She's been sacrificed and hanged on a giant tree and her soul is still stuck there with her body. No wonder she has an angry ghost chasing you to free her!
- Being Watched: The ghost will stare at you through your window, when you wake up from being caught for the first time in the dream.
- Catapult Nightmare: Being caught once results in this and warns the player that being caught again is fatal.
- Claustrophobia: The second tear is gained by going through a tiny corridor like maze.
- Don't Go Into the Woods: More like "Don't Go Into The Dream", but the dream does contain woods.
- Enemy-Detecting Radar: If the Ghost gets too close to you the fog will disappear and show the blood red sky. She'll scream if she gets close enough and will move faster for a period of time.
- Featureless Protagonist: We only get to know that the player character is female.
- Freeware Game: The game is completely free to download and play.
- Luck-Based Mission: Navigating the woods is very difficult due to the fog. Half the time you'll be randomly finding the puzzles you need to complete to get a tear.
- MacGuffin: The blue tears. Each is gained by completing a puzzle and has to be placed at the Tormented Girl's location.
- Or Was It a Dream?: Completing the game (or failing to) turns out to be this.
- Survival Horror
- Win to Exit: To survive the dream the player has to collect all tears to free The Tormented Girl.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Die in the dream, die in real life.