Dragon View (also known as Drakkhen II or Super Drakkhen) is a video game developed and published by Kemco for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in November 1994. Although it bears little resemblance to its predecessor, Drakkhen, it utilizes the same pseudo-3D overworld system for which the series is most famous. Other features of Dragon View are its side-view Action RPG hybrid gameplay (used when exploring more detailed areas such as towns and dungeons), its well-translated second-person storyline, and its emphasis on player-driven "free" exploration.
Dragon View provides examples of the following tropes:
- Aerith and Bob: Fairly common names like Alex, Katarina, Sarah, and... Giza all appear in the game.
- Bullfight Boss: Piercia and the Efreet do screen-clearing charges in retaliation for being damaged.
- Early-Bird Boss: Piercia, with her habit of ramming you almost every time you hit her. You're going to need good reflexes.
- Freudian Excuse: Giza's Start of Darkness happened after his sister fell ill and passed away despite his desperate prayers to the gods.
- Improbable Weapon: The Hyuza, which resembles the drunken love child of a boomerang and an axe. Somehow, it both works and is actually effective.
- Poor Communication Kills: Enforced. Sarah could not tell Giza that her sickness that couldn't be healed was her performing a Heroic Sacrifice for his sake.
- Mirror Match: The first enemies in the Sektra Temple are water clones of Alex. Thankfully, they only use the sword.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Of sorts. When you visit one of the mages that can power up your rings, their incantation for doing so is "Azig taefed!!!" or "Defeat Giza"
- Shout-Out: To Airplane! of all things:As Alex finishes a training regimenDamme: Since you're in such a good mood... How 'bout 30,000 more!Alex: Your jaw drops, and your smile fades, "Surely you jest!"Damme: Ha ha... gotcha! And don't call me 'Shirley'!