Double Spoiler ~ Touhou Bunkachou is a video game created by Team Shanghai Alice for Windows computers in 2010. It's the 12.5th videogame installment in the Touhou Project franchise, and a sequel to Touhou Bunkachou ~ Shoot the Bullet.
Aya Shameimaru travels Gensokyo with her camera once again, searching for material to include in her newspaper, the Bunbunmaru. But this time another tengu, Hatate Himekaidou, has descended from Youkai Mountain, trying to figure out what an old bat like Aya has that her own "Kakashi Spirit News" is missing.
The game feels like an expansion pack to the previous "danmaku photography game", since it features similar gameplay but draws on bosses from newer games in the series. For followups, see Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card and Hifuu Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector.
This game provides examples of:
- Another Side, Another Story: Clearing all of Hatate's scenes unlocks her as a Player Character, who has different comments for each Spell Card and faces Aya as her Final Boss.
- A Winner Is You:(after completing everything) You are Super Player!
- Flashback Fail: In Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism, Satori's "Recollection" spell cards delve into the Player Character's memories to recreate attacks they've faced in the past. Here, when she tries to replicate New Impossible Request "Seamless Ceiling of Kinkaku-ji" (one of Kaguya's spells from Shoot the Bullet), Aya's shoddy memory causes it to come out as the distorted Recollection "Vague Recollection of Kinkaku-ji".
- Mission-Pack Sequel: This game can be considered this for Shoot the Bullet, which was originally meant to be updated as new characters appeared.
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo: While it reuses "Touhou Bunkachou", it has an English phrase as the main title and "Touhou (XYZ)" as the subtitle, the opposite of most games in the series.
- Tyop on the Cover: The game's title is misspelled as "Double Spoier" on the box art.
- Weapon of X-Slaying: Reimu has developed at least two different spell cards for the sole purpose of making Aya go away (Talisman "Exorcism of the Newspaper Subscription Solicitors" and Barrier "Paparazzi-Repelling Barrier"), the former of which even spells out "NO NEWSPAPER SOLICITATIONS" in giant letters. Aya comments that she'll have to find the tengu who was annoying Reimu so much and give her a stern talking to.