Doomy in the Roomy is a 2020 Survival Horror game by Dave Microwaves Games.
A woman named Elisabeth wakes up, not knowing where she is or what happened, to find she is in an elevator. Every so often, the elevator stops, and she must go out on a floor and seek collectables, and avoid a monster, to power the elevator again. Who knows how deep it goes?
These tropes go down to:
- And I Must Scream: Getting caught shows a small cutscene of Elisabeth falling backwards dead, and then shows a picture of her corpse with blacked out eyes and the text "Stuck Forever"
- Captain Ersatz: Wolmit is a demonic parody of Wallace.
- Climactic Elevator Ride: Every floor begins and ends with an elevator ride, including boss floors.
- Darker and Edgier: Dave spared no expense with this game. It has more psychological horror than his other games, and some of the character backstories suggest abuse and/or torture.
- Elevator Escape: Entering the elevator after obtaining all collectables instantly sends you to the next floor, allowing things like this.
- Evil Elevator: The elevator never sends Elisabeth anywhere helpful, nor does it give her an easy exit.
- Gainax Ending: One of the game's endings has Trenchfodder, a character by Padre Snowmizzle, appear out of nowhere and then absorb Elisabeth, with the ending reading "You were amusing..."
- Gotta Catch Them All: To win a floor, you must go and collect all collectables from the floor, then return to the elevator.
- Groin Attack: One of the game's bosses features the Nut Taker, a man cursed with immortality for until he ripped off another man's nuts. He's very angry upon realising that the one person who gave him a chance of escape, Elisabeth, is a female, and thus has no nuts to rip off.Nut Taker: The only way for me to perish is by ripping off your nuts... wait, but you're a woman... I'll just kill you instead.
- Hellevator: The elevator just keeps going down into more monsters and floors.
- Identical Stranger: Besides hair colour, all of the playable characters look identical.
- Undeathly Pallor: The final unlocked character, the First, is different from all the other characters in that her eyes are black schlera and white pupils, and her skin is much paler than the others.
- Red Alert: Sometimes, collectables will be trapped, causing them to sound a loud alarm when collected, and bringing the monster coming.