An evil wizard called Main has brainwashed a group of warriors known as the Doom Squad to help him take destroy the world. The player takes control of any one of these warriors, who sees the errors of his or her ways, and has to fight the other members. As you beat opponents, you can use the experience points based on your remaining health to boost your stats.
This game contains examples of:
- Charged Attack: Every character is the Hold-Type.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: Unlike other fighting games, this game has its own block and jump buttons, and all techniques are charged attacks.
- Dub Name Change: Nuform was originally known as LC-38X in Japan.
- Gravity Screw: The second and fifth fights take place on the side of a building.
- Healing Factor: Characters can regenerate their health, but if they lose all health in one segment, they can't regenerate past the next one available. The speed of recovery depends on the Vitality stat.
- Mirror Boss: Shadow.
- Moveset Clone: Sledge and Layban, although Sledge specializes in punches while Layban favors kicks.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Ashura, as his name implies.
- Musical Assassin: Amon, the Heavy Metal King.
- Playing with Fire: P-Lump can breathe fire.
- Prehensile Hair: P-Lump can whip people with his braid ponytail.
- Prehensile Tail: Grimrock.
- Secret Character: All three bosses are only playable with cheat codes.
- Shock and Awe: One of Grimrock's grab attacks involves summoning a lightning bolt to strike the opponent.
- Surrealism: The third and sixth fights take place in an abstract realm that looks like the inside of a surrealist painting.
- Unstable Equilibrium: You gain experience points based on how much health you had remaining. Winning with more than 75% of your health will result in you having higher stats and therefor an easier time with future opponents than winning with less than 25%.