The result is this.
DoodleBob and the Magic Pencil is a fanmade PC game created by TechnoSuperguy, which is based on the episode, "Frankendoodle".
Plankton has managed to get his hands on the magic pencil last seen in "Frankendoodle", only for SpongeBob to catch him in the act. Unfortunately, as it turns out, Plankton has copied the pencil's data into all of his machines, allowing him to create as many doodles as he wants, and he then boots SpongeBob out of the Chum Bucket. He then creates four Special Doodles and sends them off to SpongeBob's friends, brainwashing them into rooting for him, and creates a lock to the Chum Bucket that can only be unlocked when said doodles are erased. Heading home, SpongeBob ponders on what he's going to do, but then he remembers DoodleBob, his doodle lookalike who tried to kill him, and frees him from the paper. Now a good guy, DoodleBob is assigned a mission by SpongeBob to bring his friends back to normal and foil Plankton's plan once and for all. Can DoodleBob complete his mission and save the day?
The game provides examples of:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Sandy laughs off the existence of magical pencils, mind control and evil doodles during her conversation with DoodleBob.
- Adaptational Heroism: DoodleBob was a ruthless, psychotic doodle in his debut episode, but here, after being released from his paper prison by SpongeBob, he is now fearless and heroic.
- Anvil on Head: After destroying the Penciltron of Power, DoodleBob defeats Plankton by drawing a 10-ton weight over the latter's head, resulting in him being flattened. Then, when Plankton shows up in the last cutscene of the game swearing his revenge, he is then crushed by a 5-ton weight.
- Art Initiates Life: As in "Frankendoodle", all of the doodles, including DoodleBob, are this.
- Berserk Button: Once DoodleBob defeats Squidward and brings him back to normal, Squidward blows his top at the former for destroying his hair (again) and orders him to leave.
- Be the Ball: Mr. Krabs will often roll into a ball when attacking DoodleBob in his boss battle.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: SpongeBob's friends end up like this because of the Special Doodles that Plankton has sent to them, as they have a special ingredient: Professor Plankton's Mind Control Shampoo (with conditioner). Subverted in Squidward's case since he wasn't being brainwashed at all.
- Crosshair Aware: During the final boss fight, Plankton will conjure up a massive energy ball at the antennae of the Penciltron of Power as a reticle appears and locks on DoodleBob. After a few seconds, the reticle will then flash rapidly as the energy ball moves towards it, so DoodleBob must move out of the way in time or he'll get hit.
- Easily Forgiven: DoodleBob is not mad at SpongeBob for what happened at the end of his debut episode, and accepts his mission to save his creator's friends and defeat Plankton.
- Energy Ball: During the final boss fight, the Penciltron of Power will sometimes charge up a massive energy ball and fire it towards Doodle Bob. Luckily, it locks on target, so DoodleBob can quickly move out of the way as it does.
- Energy Weapon: Two of the Penciltron of Power's attacks have these; it flies back and forth and then fires laser beams from its feet, and flies up and down while firing lasers from its hands.
- HeelFace Turn: As a result of being trapped in a piece of paper by SpongeBob back in "Frankendoodle", DoodleBob had all of his negative energy neutralized, turning him from an evil, murderous doodle to a selfless, heroic one.
- Homing Projectile: After doing his three main attacks, Plankton will then fire some homing missiles at DoodleBob, who must bounce them back at Plankton by drawing a wall in front of them.
- Hulking Out: Sandy becomes this whenever she takes a bite from the acorn doodle. Afterwards, she will then walk back and forth and then jump around before reverting back to rest, giving DoodleBob a chance to release her nut-cracking robot from "Chimps Ahoy".
- Humongous Mecha: Plankton's ultimate weapon, The Plankton Penciltron of Power.
- Mistaken Identity: While Patrick and Squidward recognize DoodleBob, Sandy and Mr. Krabs, on the other hand, mistake him for a paler-looking SpongeBob until the real SpongeBob tells them otherwise.
- Mythology Gag: Since this is a game based on SpongeBob SquarePants and the episode "Frankendoodle", there's bound to be lots of references to the aforementioned episode, as well as some from others.
- All of the doodles from said episode reappear, and two of them (the dollar and the hair) are two of the four Special Doodles that brainwash SpongeBob's friends. The doodles that SpongeBob and Patrick created before DoodleBob also reappear as enemies.
- DoodleBob starts the game as a drawing on a piece of paper, his fate at the end of "Frankendoodle", and is brought back into the real world by SpongeBob. He returns to his paper at the end of the game.
- When DoodleBob encounters them, Patrick and Mr. Krabs say "All hail Plankton".
- After blowing bubbles that harm DoodleBob on contact, Patrick will then pump up a giant paint bubble that DoodleBob must shrink with his pencil. Once DoodleBob succeeds in shrinking the bubble, it will then either turn into a wrench and hit Patrick on the noggin ("Where's the leak, ma'am?"), or a bowling ball which will roll towards him ("Finland!!!").
- Once Patrick is brought back to normal, he hears SpongeBob talking through the pencil's radio and assumes that the ceiling is talking to him.
- Sandy's hulked-out form during her boss fight could possibly be a reference to "Survival of the Idiots", where she attacks SpongeBob and Patrick while overweight, mistaking them for Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry.
- Sandy's nut-cracking robot from "Chimps Ahoy" is also present, striking Sandy if DoodleBob erases the door imprisoning it.
- Squidward regains his "hair" from "Frankendoodle", and is infuriated when it gets destroyed again.
- The boss battle with Mr. Krabs has two flaming Krabby Patties being made by the old Krabby O' Mondays machine in the ceiling, and if DoodleBob manages to send one of them down onto Mr. Krabs, he will cry out, "No! Don't burn me dollar!".
- Oh, Crap!:
- This is SpongeBob's reaction to Plankton being able to make countless doodles thanks to copying the magic pencil's data into all of his machines, and he is then kicked out of the Chum Bucket.
- DoodleBob also has this reaction when Plankton unveils the Penciltron of Power.
- The Pen Is Mightier: DoodleBob's weapon in the game is, of course, the giant pencil from his debut episode. He can draw platforms to walk on and kill enemies by erasing them, and he uses it to battle SpongeBob's friends.
- The Unintelligible: DoodleBob, as always, speaks like this. Some of his voice clips from "Frankendoodle" are even heard during gameplay.
- Record Needle Scratch: One is heard as SpongeBob busts into the Chum Bucket to catch Plankton in the act.
- Your Door Was Open: How SpongeBob manages to enter the Chum Bucket and avoid being killed by Plankton's powerful security systems.