Donkey Kong 5: The Journey of Over Time and Space is a bootleg video game based of Donkey Kong. It was developed by Sintax for the Game Boy Color in presumably 2001.
The game's story is both simple and rather weird. It's about a kind girl named Sodoma, who managed the world's ecology, but the Lombado (Which doesn't really appear in the game, unless you count Dracula) a bducts (sic) her, which destroys bananas and fruit Donkey Kong loved so much. This makes him thinner and thinner, eventually he turns into Diddy Kong. He then sets off to rescue Sodoma.
The gameplay's just about the same as Super Mario Bros., only there are bananas instead of coins, meat instead of mushrooms, a bell on a rope replaces the flagpole, and the boss is Dracula, not Bowser.
This game provides the following tropes:
- Artistic License Biology: No, gorillas don't turn into monkeys when they starve.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Just read of the game's title.
- Composite Character: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are simply different forms of the same character here, as opposed to being completely different characters in canon.
- Damsel in Distress: Sodoma. The Lombado kidnapped her and Donkey Kong's supposed to rescue her.
- Dark Is Evil: The Lombado that lives in the darksome comer is also the main antagonist.
- Dracula: Serves as a replacement to Bowser.
- Playing with Fire: The blue Donkey Kong can shoot fireballs, though the projectiles themselves resemble a Kamehame Hadoken and travel much faster (and in a straight line) compared to a SMB1 fireball.
- Recycled Soundtrack: All the music in the game is taken straight from Pokémon Pinball.
- Spell My Name with an S: The threat from the intro is either the lombado or the lonbado.
- Spell My Name with a "The": The intro refers to Donkey Kong like such exactly once.
- "[...] the banana and the wild fruit the Donkey Kong loved had been lacked too."
- A Winner Is You: The ending's very underwhelming compared to the intro, all you get is a sentence as well as a pic of Donkey Kong and Sodoma.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle!: Beat any world that isn't World 5 and Donkey Kong will seem to save Sodoma... but she'll just fly away in smoke to the next world.