In it, you play as Doc Clock, who, along with his robotic bag, Sack, goes through time and tries to turn Doc's cat, Franklin, back from a cactus. The main gimmicks come from being able to rewind time to fix your mistakes, and Doc Clock's ability to make vehicles via sticking a whole bunch of random crap together.
This game contains examples of the following tropes:
- Absent-Minded Professor: The titular Doc Clock.
- Bad Future: This is essentially the setting of the game.
- Bag of Holding: Sack.
- Captain Ersatz: Doc has a lot in common with a certain Doctor Emmett Brown.
- Deadpan Snarker: Sack, in spades.
- Incredibly Lame PunDoc: I wonder how Franklin's doing?Sack: I'd say he's feeling a bit prickly!
- Only Sane Man: Sack again.
- Loading Screen: The game loads on a white background, with Doc and Sack providing color commentary.Doc: The artists must be on holiday.Sack: Your brain is on holiday.
- Reset Button: The time slider works a bit like this.
- Time Travel: This is the main point of the plot.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Sack's reaction to Doc's idea of traveling far into the future to fix his cat."Why don't you just make a machine that turns him back?!"