- Evil will awaken this night.
Matthew Diacrisis is the captain of Excellor Supermax Security Penitentiary, a prison that houses some of the worst humanity has to offer. Murderers, mob bosses, they've all been brought to Excellor so they can never hurt anyone again.
One night, Matthew receives a call from the prison that lets him know something is up. Upon arrival, he makes the gruesome discovery that someone opened up all the cell doors in one of the wings, and now the prison is overrun with zombies.
So now, Matthew has to survive against hordes of undead while he tries to solve the mystery of what happened to make Excellor even worse than it was.
Diacrisis contains examples of:
- The '80s: The game is set in 1985.
- Always Night: The game is set on a snowy night.
- Artistic License Geography: Excellor Prison is apparently located on the Nunavut border... in 1985. Nunavut, as a province, didn't separate from the Northwest Territories until April the 1st, 1999.
- Apocalyptic Log: Would it be a survival horror without them?
- Handgun: You start the game with one. It can put down zombies in 1-2 shots.
- Manly Facial Hair: Matthew. He has a beard, he's the captain of the prison, and he can put down undead like nobody's business.
- Ominous Fog: As a result of the snowstorm raging outside. Though it can occasionally make it hard to see things.
- One-Word Title: Diacrisis, naturally.
- Prison: Excellor Supermax Security Penitentiary, the setting of the game.
- Protagonist Title: The Player Character's full name is Matthew Diacrisis.
- Undeathly Pallor: Some of the undead have green skin.