Desperados III is an upcoming Real-Time Strategy Stealth-Based Game, developed by Mimimi Productions (of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun fame) and published by THQ Nordic, set for a summer 2019 release. It is the second Numbered Sequel to Desperados, and the fourth entry following Helldorado. The game once again follows John Cooper, but with new faces to join the gang and different abilities.
The game provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: One of the targets in the gameplay demo, Marge, has a knack for whiskey, constantly ordering more as soon as she's finished. This is used against her by poisoning the supply barrel.
- An Axe to Grind: The gameplay demo shows that Hector can use his hunting axe to execute enemies swiftly.
- Badass Longcoat: As shown in the reveal trailer, Cooper has gotten himself a longer coat and is as much of a fast gunslinger as he's previously been.
- Badass Beard: The gameplay demo features Hector, showing he has a full beard that isn't just for show; he's a capable hunter who can use traps to his advantage and swiftly kill enemies with his axe.
- Bear Trap: In the gameplay demo, Hector has a giant trap with huge and sharp teeth in his arsenal. The teeth cause trapped enemies to bleed out after some time, making it more of a lethal tool than conventional trap.
- Bullet Time: In the gameplay demo, once a player is spotted by an enemy, the game briefly slows down to a crawl, allowing one to either retreat or initiate combat.
- Enemy Chatter: In the gameplay demo, enemies close to each other will have a chat if the player camera pans to them.
- The Gunslinger: The reveal trailer showcases Cooper's fast draw, gunning down multiple enemies before they react. In the gameplay demo, he proves to be the most useful if a situation requires bullets. That being said, getting overwhelmed results in a guaranteed defeat.
- Hypocritical Humor: In the gameplay demo, Hector chasitises Cooper for resorting to poisoning, arguing that a killer should look at their victim in the eye. This is coming from a man frequently using a giant bear trap (which he named) to kill others, as Cooper points out.Hector: I don't know, amigo. You kill a man you look him in the eye.Cooper: Like when you use that giant bear trap of yours?Hector: Hey, leave Bianca out of this.
- I Call Her "Vera": In the gameplay demo, Hector refers to his giant bear trap as Bianca.
- Knife Nut: Cooper in the gameplay demo carries throwing knives, which are useful for silent ranged kills, and something he expresses great pride of when equipping them. The E3 trailer shows him effortlessly disposing of a an armed enemy with one.
- Only a Flesh Wound: One of Cooper's lines when being damaged in the gameplay demo is "just a scratch," which includes getting shot.
- Short-Range Shotgun: Downplayed with Hector's shotgun in the gameplay demo. One can't deal damage outside the range cone highlighted when equipping the weapon, though it has a decent range along with the spread allowing you to hit multiple enemies.