Demon Attack is an Atari 2600 video game released in 1982 by Imagic, which was then ported to the Intellivision, Odyssey², Atari 8-bit computer family, Commodore VIC-20, Commodore 64, PC, TRS-80, and TRS-80 Color Computer. In the game, you control a laser cannon that must destroy a legion of flying demons dropping bombs on you. In the Intellivision version, there is also a mission where you must destroy the demon's mothership.
This game provides examples of
- Asteroids Monster: In later waves, the big demons will split into two smaller demons that will eventually drop down and try to ram you.
- Final Boss: The demon mothership in the Intellivision version.
- Game Over: The game ends when you run out of laser cannons or (in the Atari 2600 version) you complete wave 84, at which point the game freezes.
- Scoring Points: For every demon you destroy, and for destroying the demon mothership.
- Shoot 'em Up: Similar to Phoenix. In fact, so similar that Atari had sued Imagic over it.
- Video-Game Lives: Three, with a bonus one awarded by completing a wave without losing a cannon, though no more than six can be held in reserve at a time.